General advice on:
Architect's fees and services.
Information on building costs including VAT.
Discussion on building materials likely to be used.
Planning requirements or Exempted Development from Planning
The documents that will be used for planning, tenders and building contracts
What should you bring to your consultation?
We will need to know your requirements so, if possible,
• Ordnance Survey Map; or Lease Map; or Site Location Map
• Photos of the elevations of your house (front and rear) and
• General Site Dimensions and the approximate area for the
proposed development (especially important if you want to have
building work done in back and side gardens)
• Rough idea of your budget (it should include VAT, fees, furniture
and landscaping if applicable)
• Brief description of what you want i.e. do you want an extra
bathroom in your extension; a new garage; an additional
bedroom etc; special facilities for those with disabilities?
• Has the dwelling obtained planning permission or been previously
The more information you bring with you the more you will get out of your
Due to the time constraints inherent in an hour long consultation, it won’t be
possible to receive specific planning advice or an actual design from the Architect.